Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year. A new journal.

I'm not big into New Year's resolution. Belonging to the carpe diem camp (Thanks Dead Poet's Society), I tend to believe change should be embraced any day of the year. 

But I did buy a new journal to commemorate the new year. The journal of the last year being a valuable but endless chronicle of the confusion of an uncertain fate, I felt it was time for a new one. 

And while the uncertainty of my life's plan remains, it no longer walks hand in hand with anxiety. 

As a daily reminder that my life should be bold and my passion should not be hid behind my fear of failure, I selected a bright, red journal. 


And yeah, it's a Moleskin. I have a weakness for them...


Red for bold, new dreams. For fearlessness and courage. For a willingness to expect good and to let natural passion and vigor infuse my daily life.

Red, to love with a purity and intensity that knows no fear or trepidation.

Red, for I can and I will.

Red, to never rely on the love or approval of another to provide self-worth or a validation of my identity.

Red. A promise to live the life I've imagined. 

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. -Henry David Thoreau 






Happy New Year everyone! Hope it's a good one!





4 comments:

Starlight said...

Nikki, I wish you and British guy all the best in 2011. I hope that you'll fill your new Moleskine with lots of interesting moments and thoughts on your adventures so that we'll have lots of interesting reading from you this year.

*~Christine~* said...

Love this post, I 100% agree. And that quote is one of my favorites! I actually have it on a sticker inside my wallet so I see it everyday! Happy New Year, Nikki!!

Nikki Hodgson said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year as well ladies :) Thanks for your comments.

@Christine, I love that you have that quote in your wallet. What a great idea. I think I might do that as well!

*~Christine~* said...

Yeah, it's nice because I see it pretty much every day. It's a good reminder and encourager!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...